Sunday 28 June 2015

T2 writing learning story

In writing I have been learning to use descriptive language to try and describe what my characters do and how they feel to make my writing interesting and entertaining. It is also good because it hooks my audience in and helps them to paint a picture in their head.


Example from writing: After a while us men set out to go to the Western Front. Finally we are here but the Central Powers were all ready set up. Our captain jumped up quickly and shouted ‘Move it! We are here.’  Boom! Bombs and bullets were flying past our head and whistling through the air. Blood and flesh covered the sea, turning it to hell.


I am learning to use what I have already learnt in reading about the war to help me in my writing. I can get interesting words to help me get more ideas about how to make my writing entertaining.


This term I also wrote an explanation about why we should commemorate Anzac Day.

I believe that we should commemorate ANZAC DAY because we remember and say thank you to all the soldiers who died for us in WW1 at Gallipoli.

My next step: is setting realistic challenging and achievable plans in my writing to meet my next step like persevering and knowing what to do to achieve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment