Monday 29 June 2015

T2 Maths learning story

I have been learning to work together as a learning group to share and explain my ideas and how to solve maths problem with my learning group. 

I include everyone in my group so they are not a passenger and know what to do  so we can be confident about how to solve our problems and explain it. 

I can use my strategies that I already know to help solve the maths problem.  I make connections to similar problems and am learning to take a risk even when I'm not sure of the answer. It help us to be better maths problem solvers.

I use friendly arguing to disagree or agree with my groups idea or question by sing friendly manners. 

When we are solving a problem, first we need to work out what the question is asking us to do. Second we ask questions and discuss it with our buddy or group. If they don't get it I help them to understand the problem. Third, we use the best strategy that will solve the problem quickly and correctly.

I have been learning to use multiplication strategies to help me solve problems for example to help me work out the fraction of a whole number (1/7 of 112).


First I need to work out 1/7 of 112 = 112 divided into 7 = I didn't know what the answer was so i went 
(7 x 11= 77)+(7 x 12= 84)+(7 x 13= 91)+(7 x 14= 98)+(7 x 15= 105)+(7 x 16= 112)
so then i knew that 112 divided into 7 = 16. 
Then I went 16 x 1 from the 1/7 and it = 16 so the answer was 16.

To work out 4/7 of 112 is 16x4= 64

My next step: Is to always try my best, stay focused and support my learning team to work together to solve the problem. Sometimes when I am a passenger it means my group can't solve the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment