Sunday 28 June 2015

Sports: Relating to Others

When I am on the sports field and in the playground the key competency I use is relating to others. I use this key competency because it help me show good team work skills and leadership while I am on the field.

When I am on the field or the court I have to use appropriate language, positive facial expressions and eye contact. If I don't do this on the field or court I will be sent off.

The other success criteria I use are pushing my self out of my comfort zone and taking a risk because when you are playing rugby you can't be scared. If you are scared you're going to get hurt and you won't have fun.

I am learning to take on different responsibilities at rugby, for example being a leader and helping to teach others to play rugby. 

I am the captain of my Rugby Team. I have to talk to the referee if my team has a problem. I need to talk respectfully and respect his decisions if I don't agree with them. I also need to make sure that my team understands the referee's decisions and plays by the rules. If they don't, then we have to have a team talk to solve the problem, just like in maths.

I got selected for the Western Bay's Rep Team and the trials for the Wellington U13 Team. One day I hope that I will be like Jerry Collins.  

My next step is when I am playing on the field I need to be able to control my self and not get sent off and not to let my team down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment